BP Community Scholarship
BP, one of seven “supermajors” in the oil industry, has funded the Community Scholarship Program since 1953. The company has provided hundreds of millions of dollars in charitable support including scholarship opportunities.
Community Scholarship Program
Scholarships for college are available to high school seniors who are residents of New York City, Long Island, Westchester County, and Northern New Jersey. Applicants are required to submit an official high school transcript and a 500-word personal statement addressing all the following questions below:
- What have been the most important experiences during your high school years that have prepared you for college?
- What do you wish to achieve from your college education?
- Why should you be considered for a BP Community Scholarship?
Scholarship awardees will be selected by a committee of participating station owners and operators and other representatives based on the application, the personal statement, academic performance, extracurricular activities, work experience, individual goals and demonstrated financial need.
The following requirements must be satisfied to be eligible for this scholarship opportunity:
- Resident of New York City, Long Island, Westchester County or Northern New Jersey
- Demonstrates unmet financial need on the FAFSA
- Plans to enroll full-time at an accredited U.S. college
- A cumulative GPA above 2.0
All applications must be submitted online. Click here to know more about how to submit your application and where to send it.
All applications must be submitted on or before March 24, 2023.
Competitive Nature – Highly Competitive
Applying for a scholarship program can be challenging and may require several attempts. If you need help writing your scholarship application, you need to know how to convince the scholarship program board that you deserve the scholarship. We have some tips for you here to help you win this scholarship opportunity, and you can find more help with the essay writing and application by clicking this link.